Small Balance Program
We at Unique Management Services, Inc. (UMS), Library Division, strive to
provide top-notch customer service to our library clients and the communities
they serve. In order to better meet
our clients’ needs, we have developed a supplemental service – the
Small Balance Program – to expand and
enhance the Gentle Nudge® process. Current clients submitting accounts at the $25 minimum balance threshold for material recovery may qualify for this additional recovery opportunity.
The Small Balance Program is:
- Specifically tailored to prompt response from patrons who owe the library $10 to $24.99 in materials, fines, and fees.
- Very gentle and appropriate for lesser amounts owed.
- Revenue Producing. The majority of recovery is in fines/fees, although lower-cost or single overdue items are also recovered.
- Effective. The recovery from these accounts is comparable to recovery from accounts owing $25 or more.
- Affordable. The cost per account is reflective of the lower balances collected.
- Staff Friendly. This program also works with automated vendor software, thus eliminating extra staff work.
- A patron-friendly way to contact those whose accounts are currently blocked.
With gentle promptings, patrons owing smaller balances can resolve their
accounts and regain full access to library services. Moreover, the
Small Balance Program is a cost-effective solution to help libraries quickly
recover outstanding materials and monies.
For more information about this program, or to learn if you are
pre-approved for the service, please contact your UMS
Customer Service Account Manager at 1-800-879-5453 or using the Contact Us form.